Are you looking for a non-ablative resurfacing laser that will help you reclaim your youthful look, texture, and tone? Look no further than the Frax 1550 by Candela, which is part of the Nordlys platform. With the Frax 1550 non-ablative laser you can treat textural irregularities in the skin, wrinkles, rejuvenate sun damaged skin, and improve skin tone. The Frax 1550 works by heating up the second layer of skin called the dermis, which in return stimulates both collagen and elastin fibers to help rebuild the youthful skin of your past. Because the surface of the skin called the epidermis is left intact the healing is rather quick and effortless.
What does the Frax 1550 Laser treat?
- Textural issues such as fine lines and wrinkles. A study showed that 100% of patients saw textural improvements in their skin after a series of treatments.
- Pore size. A study showed over 81% of patients experienced pore reduction after a series of treatments.
- Sun damaged skin
What areas of the body does the Frax 1550 Laser treat?
- Arms and Hands
- Scars anywhere on the body
How many treatments do I need?
- This is a treatment that provides best results from a series of three treatments. These can be done month 1, month 2, and month 3 or even spread across a longer period. After your series of treatments, touch-up treatments are recommended occasionally. Darker skin individuals or those with darker tans may need less aggressive treatments and thus need more than 3 treatments to get the best results possible.
Can I combine the Frax 1550 Laser with other laser treatments?
- Yes, we sometimes combine Broadband Light, the Nd:YAG 1064 laser, IPL or even the ProFractional laser depending on treatment goals. For instance, the ProFractional laser is excellent at treatment lower eyelid lines and could be combined with Frax 1550 for the rest of the face. If there is a lot of brown spots on the chest Frax 1550 could be combined with Broadband Light or Ellipse IPL.
Is Frax 1550 painful?
- Typically, this is not a painful treatment. Topical numbing medication is sufficient for almost all patients. Frax 1550 also utilizes something called SoftCool which reduces discomfort during the treatment. If the patient still has anxiety about the treatment, we can also utilize Pro-Nox. Pro-Nox delivers a mixture of 50% oxygen and 50% nitrous oxide. This device is a 100% patient-controlled form of inhaled anesthesia. Simply breathe deep and in seconds there will be immediate relief of pain and anxiety. The Pro-Nox anesthesia leaves your body in just a few minutes after treatment. You can continue your day immediately after treatment. Pro-Nox can be added on to any laser treatment to increase your comfort.
What is the recovery like?
- Most patients will notice redness to their skin and a some peeling during recovery. The sensation of a mild sunburn is common. We recommend gentle cleansers and moisturizers during your recovery, as well as sun avoidance. Once recovered, we recommend sun screen and other sun protective measures. Red LightStim can be added on to your treatment 24 hours later to help speed up your recovery. This is a painless 20-30 minutes treatment that reduces inflammation and increases blood flow to the skin.